Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October... really already?

whhiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzz.

That is the sound of life flying past me at a great rate of knots.


So along with welcoming a new month in we also welcome a new scrapjack, and this month is an exciting little layout from Julie Winks




My name is Julie Winks and my husband Troy and I live in Central Queensland with our four incredibly active kids, Maddison 16, Claire 13, Cooper 9 and my little man at home, Lachlan 4. 

Whilst whatever style I have is constantly evolving, some aspects remain constant.  I love to layer with plenty of detail, I adore white space and I am really colour driven.  Colour combinations in design are always the things that catch my eye and are inevitably what inspires me when I create a layout... no doubt a hangover from my interior design days at uni, which is now far too long ago to admit to!! 

I have been on Design Teams for Dusty Attic, The Scrapboxx and The Colour Room and have also been on the Creative Teams for challenge sites Kraft It Up and Stuck! Sketches.

In the last 12 months I have started to dip my toes into the wonderful experience of teaching this amazing craft of ours and I think I am just as hooked on sharing the passion as I am with the creative process.   Most recently I was lucky enough to scrore a gig teaching at the ever popular Brisbane Scrapbooking and Papercraft Expo and have also taught classes via video tutorials for Miss Art’s Papercrafting School.

I am thrilled to be scrapjacked and can’t wait to see what all of you creative goddesses come up with!  J






I do believe this layout is sunshine and spring all wrapped up in a bundle of goodness here are a few close ups that will help you gather some more ideas...




I will be back tomorrow with the design teams takes on Julies layout and you are going to be blown away with what they do..

dont forget to go have a peek at our Pinterest page for a little more inspiration if you need it....here

cheers 
Nx and the Scrapjackers

8 comments:

  1. ooooooooooooooooo I LOVE this chick's "stuff" ;)Gorgeous Julie. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous page, Julie. Looking forward to seeing some fabulous "jacks".

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - I love your layout Julie:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the circle elements and soft colours!! Yay - excited to give it a go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning layout!

    Here is my Jack of it http://ronniedoll.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/aussie-scrapjack-october-jack.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous layout ... lots of beautiful detail! You're very clever Julie :). Here's my jack http://crazyforcolours.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/scrapjacking-julie-winks.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much ladies... it is such an honour to be jacked! :) beautiful layouts so far... x

    ReplyDelete